Campbellsville Christian Church traces its roots to the old Mt. Gilead Christian Church that was organized in 1820 in Green County.  The first Christian Church meetings in Campbellsville began in October 1839.  The church building was located in what is presently the Brookside Cemetery.  Tradition has it that this building was used for a hospital during the Civil War.   The Christian church’s first business meeting was held in the Methodist Church on March 30, 1884.  On August 31, 1884, a meeting was held at which the board instructed the trustees to purchase property for the erection of a church building.  The building served the congregation for several years. In early 1915, plans were made to build the present house of worship.  While the church structure remains the same, extensive improvements have been made through the years.  The church added a Family Life Center in 1989 and the educational and office building in 1998.  A major renovation of the sanctuary was completed in 2016 as part of the 100- year celebration of the construction of the sanctuary. The congregation is led by Rodney Booe, Lead Minister and Joel Patton, Preaching Minister.